The water damaged areas need to be cleaned up and completely dried. This may require a professional if you cannot get the areas dry. The areas cannot contain moisture as this is just a feeding ground for mold. If you have more than two feet of mold then you should have a professional perform the cleanup. This is because it is common for people to have severe allergic reactions to mold and you can also become very sick. You cannot just kill mold. The mold must be entirely removed. You also need to get to the source and cure what is causing the mold from growing. This might require a professional service. When you need water damage cleanup you need to be sure the job is done right. If you decide to clean the water damage yourself then you must be sure the structure is entirely dry and there is no moisture. Mold will grow if there is moisture in the structure anywhere in a home. This can be dangerous to all of the occupants of the home.